Saturday, June 8, 2013

Why Do We Need Christian Feminists?






Why We Need Christian Feminists

What male church leaders have had to say about women is truly disturbing.  What some of them say about Feminist is equally disturbing.  In his sermon, New Age Gnostic Feminist and Their Influence on the Church John McArthur informs women that they are confused about their God given roll in the church.  He couples this with a picture of four smiling women from the cover of  Gospel Today
titled, Women Pastors.  He also describes The Center for Research on Women, at Wellesley College as a"deadly think tank" and displays a picture of Hillary Rodham Clinton in a Nazi uniform with a Hitler mustache.  Displaying a picture of Sarah Palin he says, "Even Christian are falling under the spell of the feminist."  I have a feeling Sara doesn't think so, but I don't know for sure.

I am a Christian Feminist 

I am a Christian Feminist because I came to my Feminism through my faith.  I do not believe in a God who discriminates based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or anything else. In her book, In Memory of  Her Elisabeth Schussler Fiorenza describes Jesus and His Discipleship of Equals.  I believe in a baptism which erases any form of inequality between male and female.  I believe in beautiful, brilliant women, created in the image and likeness of their creator and not confused about their "God given roll."


2 comments:

  1. This video is interesting, in that it combines derogatory statements made about women with beautiful images of and important questions relating to them. Because I view misogyny as "un-Christian", I am perplexed and troubled by misogynistic statements made by church leaders. I believe God to be non-discriminatory; women valuable; you, Paula, a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hilary. I truly value your insights, comments and corrections.

    ReplyDelete