Thursday, September 19, 2013

Christian, Atheist and Faith Based Debate

Christian - Atheist Debate

The symbols and rituals of Christianity are those I choose.  I was raised with them and they are comfortable for me.  I am a member of the Mid-Valley Interfaith Council in the Coachella Valley.  As such I have the opportunity to hear prayers, blessings, greetings and expressions of faith which are new to me but resonate with my experience of the divine. The members of the council are Roman Catholic, Latter Day Saint, Buddhist, Muslim and so many other faith traditions.  We meet once a month to eat, pray and share the work of our congragations in the community.  

I like this video because the participants are respectful, passionate and funny.  They do not take their own point of view so seriously that they forget to listen.  They are not angry about another's beliefs nor are they trying to change each other.  






No comments:

Post a Comment